Thursday, August 10, 2017

I've Got My Eye on You

Hey everyone, I hope you're all doing well!  Today I wanted to spend a little bit of time talking about our sight.  I know it's a weird thing to talk about, but I think that it's an important thing to talk about.

Jesus made a very interesting point in Matthew 6:22-23, “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are unhealthy, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!"  I think this is something that is important to understand because Jesus is saying that we need to think about how we see others.  I've found that when I'm an angry person, I see other people as being rude, stupid, and many other negative things.  My eyes were clouded by darkness, and it reflected what was on the inside of me.

However, when we as humans are full of the light of Christ, we are able to see people in a way that more clearly reflects how the Father sees them. We see people who need to be shown God's love.  We see people that we can serve in various ways.  We also see people who are broken just like us.

When we spend time with God, we realize how much we need God.  We begin to notice that we can't do enough on our own and it's the love of God that pulls us through.  We also begin to understand in a very small way how much God loves us and how much love God has for those around us.  We are tasked with the all important mission of loving others in response to how much the Father loves us.  However, we can only realize this when we are spending time with God and we are full of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment